Discussion: Insane Trait

Locked 7 messages Options

Discussion: Insane Trait

Andrew Griffin
Administrator
After the last update of Sims Social many things were altered and added into the game, most of which were for the better. Now it seems one of the alterations made to the Insane trait caused the unusual occupation of talking to plants (useful for refilling your Social Bar without using energy) to become an energy consuming task. However it seems the other Occupation of eating your own shoe (refills the Hunger Bar) has not been touched by this update and you can still chew the hide of your favourite moccasin without it costing you any of that precious energy.

In other news, updates to the controversial fish tank have left the owners in a state of confusion as to why the once energy free actions have now become energy consuming.

As you can see two actions now require energy, and instead of refilling the Sleep Bar like they used to they now only refill the Fun Bar.

With all this in mind, what do you think?

Leave your opinions, questions and crazed mutterings below!
-----------------
pussy, samuel, l, jackson, mother, fucking,

Re: Discussion: Insane Trait

nedrane
I, personally, am VERY upset about the change. The insane trait was NOT a cheap one to get. I have all four levels of it. I wanted a fifth level, NOT for them to devalue the level I already have. I still visited friends but when I did so I was already "inspired" so I could immediately do jobs around my friends house. It made it possible for me to do hit-and-runs on the game, use my energy and go. It was a VERY useful trait and I feel completely cheated.

Re: Discussion: Insane Trait

dorkabella
Definitely a bummer.

I'd probably be bummed about the fish tank if I had one, but it doesn't directly affect me at the moment. I still hope they bring it back into the game though, because it sure would look pretty in my house! ;)

I'm definitely upset about the talking to plants change. I worked really hard to unlock all 4 levels of the insane traits, and I even unlocked it before unlocking the 5th trait spot because I wanted it so bad. I realize it's not so hard to get to level 2, but still. Since the change I haven't found a way to get social points with no energy, and I don't always want to put my time and focus into visiting neighbors. I find it harder to get inspired because of it. Sometimes I just want to jump on the game, quickly get inspired, and use the energy I DO have towards finishing a quest or leveling up my skills.

I'm not going to stop playing over it, but I hope they address it for sure. Wishful thinking.

Re: Discussion: Insane Trait

AlexandraErin
I have the fish tank... the changes don't bother me. Counting towards sleep was handy but made no sense whatsoever, even by Sims standards. I'd assume that the old versions of the actions were placeholders; this isn't so much a "we changed what it did" thing as "it wasn't finished to begin with", and I'd further assume that the revision means they're closer to re-releasing it into the store.

Also, you now get 20 Simoleons for feeding the fish, so obviously that's going to cost energy.

Another difference they seem to have slipped into the game: you used to get 5 Simoleons and 2 Social points for showering at a neighbor's house, which was an energy-free if repetitive way of making money.

Never had the insane trait. I'd say that free social fulfillment was a bit overpowered, but if crazy-plant-talk isn't better than a phone in some way it now seems underpowered.

Re: Discussion: Insane Trait

AlexandraErin
Ooh, to add something I just learned: the "commune" action on the fish tank, which takes no energy, increases Social. I don't know how to reconcile this with the fact that crazy-talking now takes energy... I kind of suspect communing will cost energy when they finally release the fish tank back into the store.

Re: Discussion: Insane Trait

mateserious
changes should be for the better!
1. SHOWER to your Neighbor! bring back the free non-energy social points and simeonleons when you shower to your neighbors!
2. MUSHROOM TALK- this also should be non-energy action (for insane trait)
3. BUG in CLEANING the REF and CACHE in computer. stuck for 4-5 days in this achievement still no ACTION has been made!

Re: Discussion: Insane Trait

AlexandraErin
I definitely profited from the neighbor shower thing, but I wouldn't say that getting rid of it's *not* a change for the better. It's really unbalancing to have the game to have one thing in the game that gives free money and Social Points. Likewise anything that gives you Social fulfillment automatically for free. (You can still fulfill Social for free through random/autonomous interactions with neighbors, you just can't do it at-will.) It's a better balanced game.