Grouping w/ Rugs DOESN'T WORK!!

MochaLatte
The ability to group objects (i.e. clover under benches, flowers in front of bushes, rocks for ponds, etc) No. Longer. Works.
I'm kind of irritated by this as I used to have a beautiful front entryway and now I can't stick the fences behind the bushes, flowers on top of the bushes anymore. Does anyone know why this is happening and has anyone else noticed this??
You can see the red underlay showing this is not possible anymore.

An example of how my backyard used to look with the grouping
An example of how my backyard used to look with the grouping.

Re: Grouping w/ Rugs DOESN'T WORK!!

asanunna
yess!! lately this stuff won't work.. or will it ever work anymore?
good thing i had my garden done with some rug-help before rugs retired grouping.

now because of this, i've got to think twice before moving or re-setting my things :(
Lex

Re: Grouping w/ Rugs DOESN'T WORK!!

Lex
Grouping was disabled in a recent patch/update.  What was already grouped will stay that way until it's disassembled, but you cannot do a new grouping anymore.

Read here:  http://www.sims-social.com/search?q=grouping

Re: Grouping w/ Rugs DOESN'T WORK!!

tybrooks2
I wish I knew this before I brought eight coffee tables to build a deck for my hottub!

Re: Grouping w/ Rugs DOESN'T WORK!!

Celcey
I think you may be thinking of stacking. You can still stack items, you just can, say, put a bush under a bench.

Re: Grouping w/ Rugs DOESN'T WORK!!

karinjean1969
I personally don't understand why they took away the item grouping/layering but they leave the stacking in the game. It skews the game towards those who try to make illusory homes through stacking. It's a total blow to those of us who've been loyal throughout the numerous glitches and bugs and all of the game draw-backs in the hopes of creating beautiful homes and gardens. And the nine-square tree bases - wtf? Who is even going to want those types of decorations when you can't layer your plants at  the base anymore. It's absolutely obscene that the developers take away everything that was fun about the game. Quite honestly, since they took away the grouping technique, I log in only once a day to accept friend requests since so many of them help me out in other games and i sometimes do the weekly quest if there's a decent prize - BIG if since the game developers like to continually reward difficult quests with ridiculous stuffed toys and numerous different tea sets.