Halloween Quest opening the gates.

Wolfsimstien
I am not sure that I read the quests correctly.  But I don't have consistent sim playing friends so it is hard for me to get some quests done that require a lot of materials.  It took me up till today to finish all the areas in the Halloween area (haven't finished the statues yet.  Werewolf and Medusa).  The gate to the house is still in grey saying I need to finish the quest.  Am I too late to open the house now?  Is the house only capable of being opened during the Halloween week (I really hope not)?  Because the only two quests I have left is to finish the remaining statues.

Thanks for any information on this topic.